Monday, August 01, 2011

The Oppenheimer Report -8/1/11


To my twelve loyal readers …

My mom is gravely ill and nearing the end of her journey. While I love writing the Oppenheimer Report, and while it is often my therapy, I haven’t got a lot to say this week. The last few years have been a challenge for my family, but Mom is almost 92, and for the most part, she’s had a wonderful, interesting life. I’m sure I’ll have something to say about this and about her in the coming weeks, but at present, I am uncharacteristically at a loss for words.

I’ve been lucky enough to have two great parents, and even though they were with me well into my 50s, I’m having trouble letting go of them. In my mind, I’m still the little boy pictured above.

Jamie

2 comments:

Shauna Leigh Taylor-Oppenheimer said...

I just saw/read your O.R. and I'm lying here with tears in my eyes. What you wrote - short as it was - had a big impact on me. Although I never knew you as a little boy, over the past 19 years, I have seen the little boy in your eyes at times. I'll never forget that my first sight of you was as an adorable little boy in an art gallery, portrayed in a photograph. You will never be alone Doobuss. I love and adore you. Your lucky wife, ~Shauna Leigh~

bob said...

Our thoughts are with you.
I was lucky to know both your parents and you as little boy.
Bob Warner