Saturday, September 14, 2013

Yom Kippur 9/14/13



 

Last night, at about 11PM, my father-in-law Dr. Sydney Taylor passed away, peacefully in the Veterans wing of Sunnybrook Hospital, with his wife and his daughter by his side. He died at 11PM on Friday the 13th, 2013, on the Eve of Yom Kippur. I don’t think I am going to have a problem remembering that date. How appropriate that he should pass on the eve of the Day of Atonement. Syd was 88.

For all who knew him, Sydney Taylor was a wonderful man. He was humble, intelligent, funny, and generous to a fault. I was his patient for about ten years, and he was hands down the best dentist I ever had. He had patients who routinely flew in from Vancouver and Italy to use him because he was that good. He was the best father-in-law any son-in-law could hope to have, and I will miss him dearly. So will a lot of other people.  

His service will be at Benjamins Memorial Chapel at 2401 Steeles Ave. W., Downsview, Ontario  this Monday at 2:30 PM.
 

Right now I suspect he’s eating his mother’s apple pie up in heaven. May he rest in peace.

e#:

 

No comments: