Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine Song 2/14/12


Today is Valentine’s Day and, albeit an incurable romantic, I am annually irked by this sorry excuse to sell greeting cards and flowers. Every Valentine’s Day so far I have made an effort to write something for Shauna. Most times it’s a silly poem, but once, about ten years ago, I wrote and recorded a song, which I spent a bit of time composing and which am happy to have done. I’m pretty sure at this point that most of my songs will never be heard. Considering there are over 100 of them, at times that is somewhat discouraging. Therefore, and after hearing Paul McCartney’s new ( and I thought rather mediocre) Valentine song the other night on the Grammy’s, I figured I’d throw mine into the ring for the world (read the 12 of you who sometimes read this blog) to see.

A VALENTINE'S SONG
I’m told there are a thousand ways to say
“Would you be my Valentine today?”
And though for you I have no fancy pearls
I wrote this song to tell you you’re my world

I know I’m not the most romantic man
I try to keep you guessing that’s my plan
But you should know by now that you're my girl
And everything I’ve got to give is yours

CHO: And though for you I have no precious jewels
Shauna I couldn’t love you anymore than I do

And so I wrote this Valentine for you
I hope you know my sentiments are true
I should let you know more than I do
That hopelessly in love I am with you

CHO: Shauna be my Valentine,
And until the end of time
I’ll be true to you,
I’ll be true to you


Regards, 

Jamie

No comments: